You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

send MacBook Messages to Android Devices

How do you do this?

Most of the time when texting from a MacBook Pro (software is up to-date) to Contact who is using an Android Device

(ie. message appears in GREEN = green with envy about Mac)

the Text Messages come back with "Not Delivered" and "Message Send Failure"

Thanks

OzKev

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 6:40 AM

Apple has been doing some work on the messaging infrastructure in anticipation of new devices. You may need to 'fiddle with' your settings again to get it all working.

Also, you do need to have "send as SMS (when iMessage is unavailable)" setting turned ON. Android devices never have iMessage available.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2022 6:40 AM in response to KevMurray1950

Apple has been doing some work on the messaging infrastructure in anticipation of new devices. You may need to 'fiddle with' your settings again to get it all working.

Also, you do need to have "send as SMS (when iMessage is unavailable)" setting turned ON. Android devices never have iMessage available.

Sep 21, 2022 5:18 AM in response to Allan Jones

Thanks Allan. Per the attached Kev iPhone Screenshot I do have 4 Apple Devices with Text Message Forwarding already turned on. I am obviously missing a 'basic' part of the jigsaw. Can I initiate the text Message from iMessages on my MacBook ? At times it will be a collection of Contacts and I may not initially know from the GREEN colour that they have Android phones. Can you point me to an article or web hyperlink?

Sep 23, 2022 6:03 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thx Grant. I assume the Send & Receive and Text Forwarding on my iPhone 11 Pro Max ie. there is no Setting on the Macbook for this.. They have always been on and all Mac devices included. See attached. I have nearby friends (Husband and Wife) who both have Android phones in the same Lounge. Whilst I can talk to one on her phone when I send brief Text Messages to her from iMessage on my MacBook Pro i get a "red Not Delivered". I have now done this on 3 days. When I send to hubby the messages work fine. This "red Not Delivered" also occurs randomly to other Android phones.

send MacBook Messages to Android Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.