You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caller ID says Maybe

Hi,

Please, when I receive a call, from where Apple or my iPhone fetch the information to display '' Maybe'' with a name next to a phone number that I dont have in my contact list? Thank you!

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 9:19 AM

If it is a phone call and you do not have the person in your Contacts the Caller ID display comes from the other persons phone/cell service provider. Facebook, emails, LinkedIn, Apple ID, Instagram, TikTok, etc. are not involved. If the caller is using a paid service for spoofing the display can be anything.

I did answer your question.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2022 9:19 AM in response to mayss193

If it is a phone call and you do not have the person in your Contacts the Caller ID display comes from the other persons phone/cell service provider. Facebook, emails, LinkedIn, Apple ID, Instagram, TikTok, etc. are not involved. If the caller is using a paid service for spoofing the display can be anything.

I did answer your question.

Caller ID says Maybe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.