You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Expired WhatsApp, can't update because it was purchased by different apple id, now want to offload this app and retrieve the data, is there any risk?

I am using iPhone 6 plus. My Whatsapp recently got expired. Whenever I tried to update the app, it says, this app was purchased with a different apple id, which I've no idea with. Now I cannot have access to my Whatsapp. If I offload the app from the settings, and reinstall it via my running apple id, is there any chance of occuring new problem? let's say if it says again, "this app was installed by a different account", then I'll be messed up. I might have the documents and data of Whatsapp but wouldn't able to retrieve them because of the app. It's an URGENT issue, hoping for a prompt answer.

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 4:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 12:43 PM

Contact WhatsApp.

WhatApp Help Center

1 reply

Expired WhatsApp, can't update because it was purchased by different apple id, now want to offload this app and retrieve the data, is there any risk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.