You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidental Home Screen Editing

Is there a way to turn this off yet? I’ve nearly deleted Apps so many times recently because this seems so much more sensitive than it ever was. My Home Scrren is often full of dancing app icons… is there not anything that disables this useless function or at least put it more under my

control rather than the phone’s? (And no: clicking the screen off doesn’t help because it goes into edit mode when I’m holding the phone and actually using it!)

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 4:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 6:24 AM

Sadly, this doesn’t seem to change anything. Apple take note: a separate edit Home Screen button and ability to turn it off altogether from touching the screen would be better.

3 replies

Sep 24, 2022 5:16 AM in response to SituationRed

Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone

• Open Settings and tap Accessibility.
  • Tap Touch.
  • Tap 3D & Haptic Touch. Depending on the device you have, only the 3D Touch or the Haptic Touch option might appear. For 3D Touch, turn on the feature, then use the slider to select a sensitivity level.

Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone

Accidental Home Screen Editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.