You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When you purchase/download music from Apple Music, is it stored on your computer (iMac) or in the cloud. I need to know if downloading music takes up memory space.

When you purchase/download music from Apple Music, is it stored on your computer (iMac) or in the cloud? I need to know if downloading music takes up memory space.

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 5:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 6:49 PM

MSF,

The usual thing when you purchase a track is to download the file to your computer. That will take up space on your hard drive, averaging around 8MB per song. If you are trying to save space, you can remove the download and use the cloud copy. See details in here: Delete music in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2022 6:49 PM in response to msf3nton

MSF,

The usual thing when you purchase a track is to download the file to your computer. That will take up space on your hard drive, averaging around 8MB per song. If you are trying to save space, you can remove the download and use the cloud copy. See details in here: Delete music in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

When you purchase/download music from Apple Music, is it stored on your computer (iMac) or in the cloud. I need to know if downloading music takes up memory space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.