You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages are storing on phone rather then iCloud

I recently got a message saying my phone storage is almost full. So I went to check my storage on my phone and it’s **** near full which it never has been, the largest largest amount of storage is being used by messages at 45 GB. I went to check on my iCloud and barely any is being used. Sync my phone is turned on. Storage says 64 GB, however once I enter into it, it says zero bytes is within there and there are no conversations visible. It seems like my phone isn’t storing my messages in iCloud. How do I fix this?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 9:34 PM

Your phone is likely syncing to iCloud. You can verify this using any other device that you sync with iCloud or by checking iCloud storage space use at iCloud.com/settings or on your device at settings > name > iCloud.

iCloud storage is 5, 50, 200 GB or 2 TB, not 64 GB. You’re looking at your device storage.

even if you sync, your messages remain on your device. It might be time to do some cleaning or consider a device with far more storage space.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2022 9:34 PM in response to Rockdogl1322

Your phone is likely syncing to iCloud. You can verify this using any other device that you sync with iCloud or by checking iCloud storage space use at iCloud.com/settings or on your device at settings > name > iCloud.

iCloud storage is 5, 50, 200 GB or 2 TB, not 64 GB. You’re looking at your device storage.

even if you sync, your messages remain on your device. It might be time to do some cleaning or consider a device with far more storage space.

messages are storing on phone rather then iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.