You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it keep saying I need a software update when I connect my iPhone 11 to my MacBook Pro?

Why does it keep saying I need a software update when I connect my iPhone 11 to my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 11:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 9:41 AM

My MAC is a 2020. I have hit that button many times and I'm tired of it. I'm looking for a fix. It downloads then starts to update but then says it is unable to update. This is a new problem. I don't usually charge using my Mac so I don't know exactly when it started, but my guess is within the last 3-4 months.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

My MAC is a 2020. I have hit that button many times and I'm tired of it. I'm looking for a fix. It downloads then starts to update but then says it is unable to update. This is a new problem. I don't usually charge using my Mac so I don't know exactly when it started, but my guess is within the last 3-4 months.

Oct 10, 2022 12:49 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Exactly the same problem, and Safe Mode doesn't change anything : when I plug my iPhone by USB to my iMac, I have the same boring window… It's obviously a bug. My marvelous iMac 27' late 2013 works well after nearly a decade (with a SSD in place of the fusion drive), but I can't hope an OS update : I stay at Catalina for eternity ! And so this bug :) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.