You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spatial audio question

Hi, i have an iPhone 13 Pro Max which has been updated to the latest iOS ( iOS 16 ) . I have heard good things about Apple’s Spatial Audio and wanted to try it out. I know that in order to get the most out of Spatial Audio and Dolby Atmos, you should have and use a pair of Apple vended earbuds and headphones. However, i’ve heard that it also works with third-party bluetooth earbuds, which I do have ( Skullcandy Dime/Black) ..I know these are not the best or premium earbuds, or even fancy/pricey, but i can’t find the spatial audio feature/dolby atmos feature/setting on my iphone 13. I can find EQ and Sound Check, but that’s it, no dolby atmos/spatial audio setting at all….

thanks for any help

john b

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 12:51 PM

6 replies

Oct 17, 2022 12:27 PM in response to Johnb-one

just a tip: AirPods Pro have a feature called spatial stereo that sounds pretty good. I think it’s a programmed (not mixed by an artist) spatial experience for everything. Just pull down the control center when listening on them, hold the volume for a sec, and select “spatial stereo” …. If you bought a pro max iPhone I figure you could afford some AirPods

Spatial audio question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.