You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the organizer is no longer available on ipad. how do I switch organizer to me

Organizer no longer available, how do I change it to me?

iPad Pro, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 3:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 3:56 AM

Organisers cannot be changed in a family sharing group. If you wish to have a different organiser you will need to leave the current group and set up a new one.

Note though that children under 13 cannot leave a group. They must be transferred to another group with the permission of the organiser of the group they wish to leave. This will be a problem if, as you say, the organiser is not available.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2022 3:56 AM in response to HWY101oregon

Organisers cannot be changed in a family sharing group. If you wish to have a different organiser you will need to leave the current group and set up a new one.

Note though that children under 13 cannot leave a group. They must be transferred to another group with the permission of the organiser of the group they wish to leave. This will be a problem if, as you say, the organiser is not available.

the organizer is no longer available on ipad. how do I switch organizer to me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.