You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 iMessage features NOT WORKING

I installed iOS 16 solely to be able to edit/unsend messages but I can only edit them. The option to delete them isn’t available for some reason but the edit feature is.. this is very annoying to me. I’ve reached out only to get no response. This is very frustrating. Please fix this **** asap!

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:24 AM

Do the people you're sending to also have an iPhone updated to iOS 16? I believe the undo feature only works if they are also updated.

To undo messages, everyone must use iMessage with iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, macOS Ventura, or later. If you unsend a message to someone on an older version of iOS, iPad OS, or macOS, your contact might still see the message.

Use Messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2022 10:24 AM in response to Briionda

Do the people you're sending to also have an iPhone updated to iOS 16? I believe the undo feature only works if they are also updated.

To undo messages, everyone must use iMessage with iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, macOS Ventura, or later. If you unsend a message to someone on an older version of iOS, iPad OS, or macOS, your contact might still see the message.

Use Messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

iOS 16 iMessage features NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.