You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost MacBook air

I lost my MacBook Air and it is listed on ‘find my’ app as no location found.

Are there other ways to locate it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 8:27 PM

2 replies

Sep 28, 2022 10:53 PM in response to cindyfromaddison

cindyfromaddison Said:

"Lost MacBook air: I lost my MacBook Air and it is listed on ‘find my’ app as no location found. Are there other ways to locate it"

-------

Troubleshooting a Lost Mac:

Find My can only be enabled directly on the Mac. It cannot be enabled elsewhere. So, is it enabled on the Mac?

Whatese to Try:

• Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.

• Text It: If messages is enabled, then ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.

• Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.

• Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed aside.

Sep 28, 2022 10:42 PM in response to cindyfromaddison

Outside of "Find My?" ... basically to go physically looking for it.

If you enabled "Find My" before it was lost, and the notebook is connected to the Internet, it will show up in the Find My app. If subsequently, it looses access to the Internet, its last known location will be shown for up to 24 hours. After that, it will not appear again, until it regains access to the Internet.

On the other hand, if you did not enable Find My, there is nothing anyone here, nor Apple can do to assist you with this matter. Sorry.

The support article you arrived here from should have provided you with some of that information.

Lost MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.