You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 and Apple ID Verification

Hello,

I have updated my iPhone 12 to iOS 16 but every time I restart my phone it asks for my Apple ID Password.  Following various searches on the web I have tried the suggestion of logging out of iCloud and then logging back in but I still have the problem. 

There is a red dot over the phone icon when I restart the phone which disappears after I have entered my password. Again some searching on the web suggested I deleted the history of Recents and Voicemail but it still appears after I restart the phone. Is this linked to the problem?

Grateful for any help solving this problem.

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 11:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 12:32 AM

Settings, Your name, Payment & Shipping

One or more of your cards may have a payment problem.

Reasons your payment card may be declined or delinquent

1.            Account suspended for suspected fraud.

2.            Address in your iTunes account does not match exactly the billing address for the card

3.            Error in credit card number

4.            Insufficient balance or you still owe money on a subscription

5.            The card was not issued in the country of the iTunes store

6.            Wrong expiration date

7.            Wrong security (CVV) code

8.            You are connected through a VPN provider that makes iTunes think you live elsewhere - uninstall VPN

9.            You live  in India

About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India – Apple Support (UK)

10.        You live in Russian Federation or use Russian banks or cards

Here is additional information from Apple if your payment method is declined.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Regarding the red dot on the phone icon - ie a dot without a number. You will have the same dot on your voicemail icon and the dot will remain until you answer all your unread voicemails.

If you get a missed call it will show red dot with +1

It is new on iOS16 as far as I can see

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2022 12:32 AM in response to Help_iOS

Settings, Your name, Payment & Shipping

One or more of your cards may have a payment problem.

Reasons your payment card may be declined or delinquent

1.            Account suspended for suspected fraud.

2.            Address in your iTunes account does not match exactly the billing address for the card

3.            Error in credit card number

4.            Insufficient balance or you still owe money on a subscription

5.            The card was not issued in the country of the iTunes store

6.            Wrong expiration date

7.            Wrong security (CVV) code

8.            You are connected through a VPN provider that makes iTunes think you live elsewhere - uninstall VPN

9.            You live  in India

About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India – Apple Support (UK)

10.        You live in Russian Federation or use Russian banks or cards

Here is additional information from Apple if your payment method is declined.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Regarding the red dot on the phone icon - ie a dot without a number. You will have the same dot on your voicemail icon and the dot will remain until you answer all your unread voicemails.

If you get a missed call it will show red dot with +1

It is new on iOS16 as far as I can see

Sep 29, 2022 8:07 AM in response to LD150

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

I checked all of the points about the payment card and everything is okay.

Regarding the red dot on the phone icon - I deleted all of the voice mails and recent calls to make sure that any unread messages were causing the problem but the red dot still shows on the phone icon when I restart the phone. However once I renter my Apple ID Password it disappears.

iOS 16 and Apple ID Verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.