You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app doesn't work on my Google TV

Has anyone had this issue? My Sony TV model (only a year old! and purchased last month) apparently isn't on the list on compatible devices yet "Google TV" is and my TV is a Google TV, so what's the problem? What can't I get it to work on my TV? Thanks for any help.

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 8:30 AM

Sony TVs are separately listed, as the app support by model is done in consultation with Sony.

Non-Sony Android TVs are listed separately.

The Google TV listed is for the ‘Chromecast with Google TV’ dongle, I don’t think for TVs with the Google TV OS at this time.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Unlisted models should be considered unsupported.

You could contact Sony and/or Apple to express your wishes for a native app for your model smart TV.

Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2022 8:30 AM in response to FrustratedbyAppTV

Sony TVs are separately listed, as the app support by model is done in consultation with Sony.

Non-Sony Android TVs are listed separately.

The Google TV listed is for the ‘Chromecast with Google TV’ dongle, I don’t think for TVs with the Google TV OS at this time.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Unlisted models should be considered unsupported.

You could contact Sony and/or Apple to express your wishes for a native app for your model smart TV.

Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple

Apple TV app doesn't work on my Google TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.