You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have messages on for Icloud Backup for my Iphone but I do not see them in my Icloud. I does show they are using storage but not available to view.

Why do I not see the messages or have the ability to recover them

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 6:11 PM

You cannot view anything in iCloud Backup. You can only use a Backup to do a full restore or to set up a new device. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you are referring to the Messages in iCloud option rather than iCloud Backup, see the following from Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can use Messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Mac. For your privacy, Messages in iCloud is end-to-end encrypted, which means you can't view or access Messages online via browser. 

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2022 6:11 PM in response to nelson367

You cannot view anything in iCloud Backup. You can only use a Backup to do a full restore or to set up a new device. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you are referring to the Messages in iCloud option rather than iCloud Backup, see the following from Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can use Messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Mac. For your privacy, Messages in iCloud is end-to-end encrypted, which means you can't view or access Messages online via browser. 

I have messages on for Icloud Backup for my Iphone but I do not see them in my Icloud. I does show they are using storage but not available to view.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.