You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATV 4K won't play original audio track.

My Apple TV 4K (First Gen) won't play movies in their original language. This started about two weeks ago. I didn't mess with the settings. It is set to play in the original audio but it keeps playing in my country's language. I have to switch it back every time I watch a movie.

What can I do to fix this?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 8:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 5:12 AM

On what content is this? From which content provider? Please give an example title.

What is your country or region, and local language?

Setting the Audio Language in Settings to Auto will let the Apple TV use the default audio track. Whether that is the original language or not depends on the content provider, as they set content defaults (primary language) for each region. The default may be a dubbed language.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2022 5:12 AM in response to DannyNoodles

On what content is this? From which content provider? Please give an example title.

What is your country or region, and local language?

Setting the Audio Language in Settings to Auto will let the Apple TV use the default audio track. Whether that is the original language or not depends on the content provider, as they set content defaults (primary language) for each region. The default may be a dubbed language.

ATV 4K won't play original audio track.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.