You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are iPhones in France unlocked?

A friend of mine is going to France on Erasmus tonight and he decided to buy an iPhone 14 Pro from there since it’s cheaper. But I just remembered there are carrier locked/unlocked iPhones in countries other than Turkey which I live. All phones are unlocked in Turkey so we don’t know those kind of stuff. Are all iPhones selling in France unlocked, or does he have to buy it only from an Apple Store? Can you guys help me out?

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 10:19 AM

He'll definitely have to look for and buy an unlocked version whether it is from an official Apple Store or not if he wants to use it back in Turkey. My previous experience buying phones in France was that in general, if you buy it from a carrier it will be locked.

4 replies

Are iPhones in France unlocked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.