You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage landscape mode left column

When I use iMessage in landscape mode it doesn’t show the left column window that should show the messages thread. My other iPhone (Xr) has the message thread on the left side so does my wife’s iPhone 13 Pro Max. Why doesn’t it look the same on my iPhone 14 Pro? I’ve tried everything from resetting all the settings and total reformat of the phone.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 11:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 2:22 PM

So why is it that on other iPhone 14 pro’s the view is different in landscape mode for the iMessage app than it is on my iPhone 14 pro? The message thread in the left hand side of the screen was something added to iMessage after a certain iOS. This is something that doesn’t pertain to the type of phone but to the software. Also, your explanation is very unsatisfactory without any thought behind it. Seems like you just copy and pasted the answer to this post.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2022 2:22 PM in response to Iafeef

So why is it that on other iPhone 14 pro’s the view is different in landscape mode for the iMessage app than it is on my iPhone 14 pro? The message thread in the left hand side of the screen was something added to iMessage after a certain iOS. This is something that doesn’t pertain to the type of phone but to the software. Also, your explanation is very unsatisfactory without any thought behind it. Seems like you just copy and pasted the answer to this post.

iMessage landscape mode left column

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.