You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have windows 7 and iTunes. I have music in zip format and I cannot get iTunes to recognize it. It opens the music with iTunes but when I close iTunes and reopen iTunes to listen to said music it states unable to locate.

I have windows 7and iTunes. I have music I downloaded in zip format and I cannot get iTunes to recognize it. It opens with iTunes but when I close iTunes and reopen it to hear music it states unable to locate file.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 1:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 1:20 PM

iTunes cannot/should not be connected to files within a zip archive. Unpack the archive and add the files to the library properly. E.g. drag into the iTunes or move into the Automatically Add to iTunes folder inside your iTunes Media folder.

tt2

1 reply

I have windows 7 and iTunes. I have music in zip format and I cannot get iTunes to recognize it. It opens the music with iTunes but when I close iTunes and reopen iTunes to listen to said music it states unable to locate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.