You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting iPhone

Hi! I’m trying to reset my old iPhone 11 so a friend can use it. I want everything off of it. When I try to erase everything, it asks me “Are you sure you want to continue? All media, data, and settings will be erased. This cannot be undone.” Does this mean everything on my current iPhone will be erased too? Or just my old phone? Thanks!

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 7:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 7:13 PM

Baileyfromsenca Said:

"Resetting iPhone: Hi! I’m trying to reset my old iPhone 11 so a friend can use it. I want everything off of it. When I try to erase everything, it asks me 'Are you sure you want to continue? All media, data, and settings will be erased. This cannot be undone.' Does this mean everything on my current iPhone will be erased too? Or just my old phone? Thanks!"

-------

About Deleting.a Device:

No. Only the phone that is being reset will lose all of it. So. if it is not your current iPhone you perform this on, then all will be just fine on your current iPhone. So, I would recommend that you backup data on your iPhone by enabling it on iCloud, and exporting it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2022 7:13 PM in response to baileyfromseneca

Baileyfromsenca Said:

"Resetting iPhone: Hi! I’m trying to reset my old iPhone 11 so a friend can use it. I want everything off of it. When I try to erase everything, it asks me 'Are you sure you want to continue? All media, data, and settings will be erased. This cannot be undone.' Does this mean everything on my current iPhone will be erased too? Or just my old phone? Thanks!"

-------

About Deleting.a Device:

No. Only the phone that is being reset will lose all of it. So. if it is not your current iPhone you perform this on, then all will be just fine on your current iPhone. So, I would recommend that you backup data on your iPhone by enabling it on iCloud, and exporting it.

Resetting iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.