You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone sometimes add a (space) and a b instead of the normal . (space) when I double-tap the space bar?

I sure don't have anything like that setup in Settings > Keyboard > Text Replacements which I do use for many other words that I post often on Facebook. But it just keeps happening every now & then. I can't get it to do it intentionally even if I keep doing different things.

So, what the heck is going on?

I do know that these iPhones tend to have a mind of their own on lots of things.

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 1:23 PM

Fat thumbs. You're tapping very close to the "B" key on the keyboard and hitting the space and letter. I do it all the time.

2 replies

Why does my iPhone sometimes add a (space) and a b instead of the normal . (space) when I double-tap the space bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.