You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add music I bought in a zip file to iTunes on my iPad?

I bought some classical music and it was delivered as MP3s in a zip file.

How do I add them to iTunes on my iPad?

iPad

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 1:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 2:02 PM

Unpack the zip file.

Add the files to iTunes. See Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support.

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support to add to your device.

tt2

6 replies

Oct 5, 2022 3:23 AM in response to turingtest2

The purchases were made directly on the iPad, but it just gave me the download link for the zip file containing the MP3s.

The individual MP3 files play perfectly, just click on them once they're unzipped. No need to involve third-party media players, although it would be nice to have a player that understands that all MP3s in a single folder are movements in a larger composition and need to be played in order. In my experience most media players don't handle classical music at all well.

How do I add music I bought in a zip file to iTunes on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.