You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart mailboxes disappear shortly after I create them

On my desktop, I have created smart mailboxes, only to have them disappear shortly after I create them. Recreating them has the same outcome. What can I do to remedy this situation?

By the way, I create and use smart mailboxes on my laptop, with no problem.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 7:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 11:47 AM

I have solved the problem. The solution involved reinstalling MacOS (Monterey 12.6) and reinstalling all the personal data on my hard disk. I did it with the help of some folks at Apple support. My smart mailboxes work again, without a problem.

6 replies

Oct 11, 2022 11:54 AM in response to j2zex

j2zex wrote:

I have solved the problem. The solution involved reinstalling MacOS (Monterey 12.6) and reinstalling all the personal data on my hard disk. I did it with the help of some folks at Apple support. My smart mailboxes work again, without a problem.

Thanks for the feedback. Please mark your last post as solved so others will know there's a solution in this topic.

Smart mailboxes disappear shortly after I create them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.