You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to buy iTunes songs with no Apple Music Subscription

I refused to subscribe to Apple Music, I refuse to rent music, I want to purchase my music for good.

I just got a brand new MacBook computer, I open Apple Music, I can play all my previously purchased music, I see the link to iTunes Store on the left panel, but when I click on the iTunes Store link, it doesn't allow me to search. I have to use the Apple Music search to find the song that I want, and it will find it, but doesn't give me the option to purchase it, it just wants me to get a subscription so that I can listen to the song which I refuse to do.

I know this is an effort to make it difficult on the user, but there must be a way to buy a song from iTunes on a Mac, I just can't believe that they are refusing to sell you music ?

So what is the truck to get into iTunes, search for a song and buy it on a MacBook ?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 8:34 AM

I discovered how to do it, I disable Apple Music from Apple Music preference, I only left iTunes available, so now when I search for a song, I no longer get the option to listen to it via a subscription, the only option available is to purchase the song via iTunes. It is a shame that Apple makes it so hard to purchase a song these days. But if you try hard enough there is still a way to do it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2022 8:34 AM in response to Lokito

I discovered how to do it, I disable Apple Music from Apple Music preference, I only left iTunes available, so now when I search for a song, I no longer get the option to listen to it via a subscription, the only option available is to purchase the song via iTunes. It is a shame that Apple makes it so hard to purchase a song these days. But if you try hard enough there is still a way to do it.

How to buy iTunes songs with no Apple Music Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.