You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Etrecheck and what is it for?

What is Etre Check and what is it for. I ran it yesterday, but don't understand it. I saved the pdf to my desktop.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 9:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 4:58 AM

if you posted it here properly, then yes, it would show up in the reply that you posted it into. you must have made a mistake because it's not shown here. please run another etrecheck and then post it here. please re-read How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. then when you reply here the report will be included in your reply.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2022 4:58 AM in response to Barb Norvell

if you posted it here properly, then yes, it would show up in the reply that you posted it into. you must have made a mistake because it's not shown here. please run another etrecheck and then post it here. please re-read How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. then when you reply here the report will be included in your reply.

Oct 15, 2022 4:11 PM in response to jeffreythefrog

It must have come installed on my Mac Mini that I bought in March of last year. I never installed it. I am not having any problems with my computer, but saw that app and ran it to check the app out.

What are all the items that say failed (in red); [redacted]/Library/Company/InstallAgent: Executable not found!; etc. I know the failed items for the printers is because I don't have the Kodak printer anymore. Should I delete items in red, if I can find them? ie: [failed] com.apple.seld.plist (Apple, Inc. - installed 2020-01-01) I think most of the missing stuff is from my old computer. I used the auto transfer from time machine when my IMac crashed and I started up the Mini.

Oct 5, 2022 9:40 AM in response to Barb Norvell

etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that helps us determine what the problem might be for people having issues with their Mac.

read how to use it by reading Using EtreCheck. if you need help interpreting the report, you can see how to post the report here by reading How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

Oct 15, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Barb Norvell

I didn't really see any issues. but you are using a very outdated version of etrecheck. (maybe the AppStore version?) the current version is version 6.7.1. you should trash the old version, and go to EtreCheck.com and get the new version. and after running the updated version, you can post the results here and we can have another look.

What is Etrecheck and what is it for?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.