You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank Preview Pane

Fore the past year, I have had intermittent issues with the preview pane in Mac Mail being blank. The preview shows all the headings, but not the body of the email. I has now started happening every 2-3 emails that I open which means I am having to quit and restart mail at least 50 times a day. I have done all the suggestions (rebuilt mailbox, PRAM reset, etc) and nothing keeps working. This is happening ONLY on my 2017 iMac. My MacBook Pro never has the issue. It would seem like this is something that could be solved easily, but I keep watching. Anyone have a miracle cure?

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 12:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:25 AM

okemos_donna wrote:

... I went through and deleted those that I thought could potentially cause the problem (including CleanMyMac). This seems to have fixed the problem. If it changes, I will come back and let you know.

Good job. NEVER install this cmm thing, if you want a sane and safe mac.

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 5, 2022 2:06 PM in response to okemos_donna

Identical Software ( Third Party Software ) on both machines or are there some differences ?

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster and comprising the Operating System

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

Below list is only a partial list and as new " Bad Actor " Software appears on these Forums, I update this list to remain current

This will include CleanMyMac , This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus , Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus, McAfee, MacKeeper, Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard, Webroot , ESET , Avira 

AVG AntiVirus  

Trustee  

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

Oct 5, 2022 1:32 PM in response to okemos_donna

Are the two computes Both running the same version of macOS Monterey ?

Thing have changed in Monterey regarding Privacy and effects the native Apple Mail Application regarding Embedded Images or Image Attachments.

A good start is to refer to image below and UnCheck some of all of the Options

Apple Mail >> Preferences >> Privacy is where you will find this

Oct 7, 2022 5:00 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks so much! After unchecking the "Hide IP address", it seemed to work, but then this morning It went blank again. So ... I do have MANY more apps on the iMac than than the MacBook Pro so I went through and deleted those that I thought could potentially cause the problem (including CleanMyMac). This seems to have fixed the problem. If it changes, I will come back and let you know.

Blank Preview Pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.