You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to unlock my iPhone since I forgot the passcode

I forgot my passcode and now I can’t open my phone and I can’t lose my data from my phone so please help me out

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 1:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 1:26 PM

You will lose your data.

You can sometimes remedy this without a computer if on iOS 15.2 or later by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice!

How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

video

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ

ios 15.1 and earlier:

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode – Apple Support (UK)

Turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Display & Brightness and turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch to prevent it opening in your pocket or purse

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2022 1:26 PM in response to Tourky

You will lose your data.

You can sometimes remedy this without a computer if on iOS 15.2 or later by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice!

How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

video

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ

ios 15.1 and earlier:

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode – Apple Support (UK)

Turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Display & Brightness and turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch to prevent it opening in your pocket or purse

Unable to unlock my iPhone since I forgot the passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.