You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone iOS 16 Update Causes A Responsive Yet Black Screen.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, got it a few years ago, and I just installed iOS 16, and it took a while. When I came back to my phone, I tapped the screen and it wouldn’t turn on, I next tried the side power button, and the screen wouldn’t turn on. The phone thinks its turned on, as Siri responds to ‘hey Siri’ and if I swipe up and guess a bit I can put in my password even though the screen wont turn on. There is haptic feedback from the phone unlocking, and I can tell Siri to bring me to different apps apps and send messages once the phone is unlocked, but even after restarting my phone a few times, the screen remains black. I’m wondering if this is a common problem, or if anyone knows what to do. I don’t want to rush into things, considering apples prices, if the phone can fix itself. Though I have no idea what the policy is for getting charged for a repair that was caused by the new Apple soft wear, I’m hoping there is a simple solution.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 9:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 10:30 PM

Clement1ne Said:

"iPhone iOS 16 Update Causes A Responsive Yet Black Screen. [...]iPhone iOS 16 Update Causes A Responsive Yet Black Screen.[...]"

-------

If seen a few posts on this issue.

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this occurred after installing this update
  4. Proceed from there as necessa
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2022 10:30 PM in response to Clement1ne

Clement1ne Said:

"iPhone iOS 16 Update Causes A Responsive Yet Black Screen. [...]iPhone iOS 16 Update Causes A Responsive Yet Black Screen.[...]"

-------

If seen a few posts on this issue.

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this occurred after installing this update
  4. Proceed from there as necessa

iPhone iOS 16 Update Causes A Responsive Yet Black Screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.