You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent email not in sent folder

Hello,

I don't see sent email in my Sent folder. It's Gmail and not transferring to Mac mail, can anybody help?

I tried to contact Gmail but there's no way to reach anybody.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 1:29 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2022 5:59 PM in response to terririan

Hello terririan,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. With the sent email not appearing in the sent folder of the Mail app, we suggest to rebuild the mailbox. This is a step that may help resolve the ability to access your sent emails. Here's how to rebuild a mailbox in the Mail app of your Mac:

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac

You may need to rebuild a mailbox to update the list of messages it contains. For example, if messages appear to be missing or garbled, or if you can’t find all relevant messages when you search using the Entire Message search option.
1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, select a mailbox in the sidebar.
Choose Mailbox > Rebuild.

2. When you rebuild mailboxes for IMAP or Exchange accounts, messages and attachments stored on your Mac are discarded, and then downloaded again from the mail server to your Mac. Your mailbox appears empty until the download is complete.

These steps are outlined here for you to reference: Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

Sent email not in sent folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.