You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with new simm

I changed provider and opted to keep my current number. Mow my phone is showing the new sim’s number as my number and I’m having difficulty proving my identity to my bank’s app. They need to send a code to my phone but are having difficulty doing that.

Any solutions please?

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 8:53 AM

It's been awhile now, but when I switched to T-Mobile, the sim they sent had a temporary number assigned. I had to contact customer service for the carrier to have my old number assigned to the sim, then restart my phone. This was even though I had gone through the online porting process.

Call your carrier and ask.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2022 8:53 AM in response to Gerryfriel72

It's been awhile now, but when I switched to T-Mobile, the sim they sent had a temporary number assigned. I had to contact customer service for the carrier to have my old number assigned to the sim, then restart my phone. This was even though I had gone through the online porting process.

Call your carrier and ask.

Oct 8, 2022 9:44 AM in response to Zorksortronz

I’ve just moved to Lyca Mobile and all this is my reward.

I’ve spent hours talking to obviously not well trained reps who could not help and just rang off or left me on hold or promised to call back and didn’t.

At this point I’m tempted to cut my losses and start again with a different provider.

Thanks for your help.

I’ll take your advice and hope for the best.

Problem with new simm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.