You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add the backups available to Itunes.

I have re installed Itunes due to space issue in my windows pc. Now post re installation the backups are disconnected from ITunes . The backups which is available in System is not available in Itunes to restore.

Kindly help. Thanks

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 11:01 AM

7 replies

Oct 8, 2022 6:39 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi , thanks for the response, I used the stand alone version for the first and reinstallation, did not use Microsoft store version . I could see the old back up available in user/mobilesync/backup , now do I need to rename this folder or the new one that is created in app data thanks !

Oct 8, 2022 11:56 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi , I tried it, re installed from Microsoft store, it took the old backup by default. Then, i tried to restore with Backup and restore, but it throwed error 75, then the back up size from the old backup got reduced. I messed it up by deleting the today's back up from Edit Preferences -Devices. Now i have only Last year back, is it possible to bring back the backup in ITUNES Devices, Thanks in advance ! Your answers are helpfull at most

Oct 9, 2022 6:35 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi yes you are right ! I have restored with one of my old backup.I have initiated Data recovery in my windows os. Not sure will it get the whole data or it

gonna stuck some where !

Your solution was very help ful! Thanks again!

How to add the backups available to Itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.