You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone7 stays stuck in the recovery mode screen and does not restore or update.

How can I restore my iphone7+ when it stays stuck in recovery mode?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 9:07 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2022 2:11 PM in response to fonsee2

Hi fonsee2,

Thanks for connecting with us here in Apple Support Communities. You'll need to connect your iPhone to a computer and restart your device. If this doesn't work, reinstalling the iOS is the next thing to do. You can see more about this here: If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you see the Restore screen:

1. Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with your device. Don't disconnect your device from your computer.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the side (or top) button and the volume down button until you see the Apple logo.

Reinstall iOS or iPadOS

If you still see the Restore screen after you restart, you need to reinstall iOS or iPadOS:

1. On your Mac, make sure that you've installed the latest software updates (including iTunes if you have MacOS Mojave or earlier). Or on your Windows PC, make sure that you've installed the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Make sure that your device is still connected to your computer. You should see this message: "There's a problem with the [your device name] that requires it to be updated or restored."
  3. Click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS or iPadOS and keep your personal data. Don't disconnect your device from your computer until the update finishes."

Let us know if that works.

Regards.

my iphone7 stays stuck in the recovery mode screen and does not restore or update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.