You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not responding

OK - I have a iPhone 7 not a 12. My Siri is not working/responding at all. I have updted it to iOS 16.0.2, done all of things recommeded and it isn't responding. I truly need my Siri to respond when I ask it to. It won't make calls, respond to texts, make calls when asked. It is truly a useless feature that I have used constatnly until the recent updates. The newest update 16.0.2 did not fix it. I need it fixed ASAP. I use it when I am not able to actually do anything with my hands while baking, gardening, cleaning, quilting, driving - you get the picture. I need this feature to work!

What can I do to fix this??

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 10:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 2:11 PM

Hi momrn1105,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. It looks like you came from the following support article: If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone - Apple Support

If Siri is not working on your device, here are a few steps you can try to see if they help:

1. Restart your device to see if the issue persists.
  2. Update to iOS 16.0.3 to see if the issue persists: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
  3. If the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2022 2:11 PM in response to momrn1105

Hi momrn1105,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. It looks like you came from the following support article: If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone - Apple Support

If Siri is not working on your device, here are a few steps you can try to see if they help:

1. Restart your device to see if the issue persists.
  2. Update to iOS 16.0.3 to see if the issue persists: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
  3. If the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

Siri not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.