You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking nuisance callers.

Every day I get a hundred, or more, spam callers. I block them yet they continue to get through to me. The Apple store has been absolutely no help and my phone is still under warranty. What should I do?? I’m reaching out to the community. I have an iPhone XL.

pjshay

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 6:54 PM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2022 8:56 PM in response to pjshay

pjshay Said:

"Blocking nuisance callers. Every day I get a hundred, or more, spam callers. I block them yet they continue to get through to me. The Apple store has been absolutely no help and my phone is still under warranty. What should I do?? I’m reaching out to the community. I have an iPhone XL. pjshay"

-------

Troubleshooting Scams and Spam:

A. Blocking Out Spammers:

Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. The paid version block out known spam number. So, consider using it. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Report this to Apple and Others:

Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

C. Why not an Option:

This may be not be an option because if you were to delete them all -- all conversations be gone --something many wish to avoid. So, recommend this to Apple.

Recommend to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on that you want this to be an option, and how it can help others
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Oct 10, 2022 8:32 PM in response to pjshay

You can try activating the Silence Unknown Callers features. This feature will send all callers who are not in your contact list straight to voicemail. The drawback is that you may miss callers that are not in your contact list but are legitimate. If you want try this feature out, then open Settings ➡️ Phone ➡️ Silence Unknown Callers: Set this to ON.

Axel F.

Blocking nuisance callers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.