You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is pages falling behind

It still lacks macros, I cannot tell it to update an Endnote citation to refresh any changes to the cited sources in Endnote. Just to name two issues. Your thoughts?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 6:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 6:58 AM

No application is going to be all things to all people. Every developer makes choices about what features to include. Microsoft has seemed to go in the "put in every conceivable feature" direction with Word. Apple has gone another way and has chosen not to include things that lots of people never use. Keep in mind that, unlike Word, Pages is free. That probably affects development priorities as well.

Use the tool that best meets your needs. And let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Personally, I've never found the need to use a macro in a word processing program. So, its presence or absence in such a program would be irrelevant to my judgment of the program's fitness for use.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2022 6:58 AM in response to JZents13

No application is going to be all things to all people. Every developer makes choices about what features to include. Microsoft has seemed to go in the "put in every conceivable feature" direction with Word. Apple has gone another way and has chosen not to include things that lots of people never use. Keep in mind that, unlike Word, Pages is free. That probably affects development priorities as well.

Use the tool that best meets your needs. And let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Personally, I've never found the need to use a macro in a word processing program. So, its presence or absence in such a program would be irrelevant to my judgment of the program's fitness for use.

Oct 11, 2022 7:21 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Microsoft did not just dump a bunch of features into Word over the last 35 years, but rather, did so in response to revenue from corporate clients requesting those features. Look how long it took the Pages product team to implement Mail merge differently than how it worked well in Pages '09. Nearly nine years of customers pleading for it… 😉

Is pages falling behind

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.