You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio messages

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 11 to 13. Ever since then, sometime in the evening I am not able to send audio messages. It won’t open in the text thread at all. I contacted support previously and was told it was a software issue and to reset the phone with no change. In the morning it is just fine. I have tried to search through all my focus and screen time settings and can’t find anything. Any ideas?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 8:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 1:07 AM

The Voice/Audio Message (Microphone) will only get activated for iMessage and not for SMS/MMS.

That means after you type in a Phone number or Apple ID in the "To:" field that has been registered for iMessage (Apple Devices) then the microphone icon will get activated for you to send Voice Messages

2 replies

Audio messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.