You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control the font size when printing to PDF in safari?

I noticed when printing to PDF from Safari, the apparent font size in the PDF document is larger than it used to be. This means less information can fit on each page and it takes a lot more pages if you choose to print it out.

I don't see a way to control the font size in printouts or PDFs. I've also tried other browsers such as Chrome, Dissenter and Firefox. , and they seem to show the same issue – Perhaps it is related to WebKit or whatever the underlying technology is.

In the print dialog below, you can see that the font size is going to be quite large. In fact, I have copied the text out of a generated PDF and pasted it into TextEdit, which says it is 25.33 points, which is quite large. Even that I think is an underestimate, because when I arrange the text of the TextEdit document next to the PDF which is displayed at actual size, the actual font size appears to be 32 points.

At one time, I thought 12 points was supposed to be the standard text size.

How can I control this?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 1:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 1:08 PM

There is no Safari font size controls for web content sent to a PDF. The text size is controlled by the website developer and Safari is just a dumb conduit via the print panel.

Similar questions

1 reply

Control the font size when printing to PDF in safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.