You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to update my phone

How can I update my iPhone

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 11:27 PM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2022 9:00 AM in response to Moscorichie36

Hello and welcome to the community 🤗

If you want to update your iPhone 6 to the last version of iOS compatible with your iPhone (iOS 12.5.6 for you) follow this steps

Update iPhone

• To update your iPhone with a computer look here :

To update with macOS Catalina or later: Update your device using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later

To update with macOS Mojave or earlier, or with a window PC : Update your device using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or a Windows PC

Look here do download iTunes on pc Download and use iTunes for Windows - Apple Support (CA)

• you can also look this video:

Note : before the update is more sure to back up your iPhone. Look here to back up you iPhone How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support (CA)

If your iPhone won’t update

• Maybe your iPhone is already updated. Look in setting > general > information > version iOS

• maybe your iPhone will required to be connected to WiFi, power source and have 50 % or more

• try to update your iPhone with a computer

For more help or questions

Come back us or contact Apple Support

I want to update my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.