You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Number Pop-up Option stripping leading zeros

In the Pop-up drop down window I have a list of number 00 through 20. I do need to have the lower numbers to have a leading zero, such as 01, 02, 03 etc… however, when using the Pop-up function the leading zeros are striped away (1, 2, 3 etc…). I certainly could back to make the cells a text but…

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 9:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 3:04 PM

I'm not sure what you ended up doing.

I often use a table to create pop-up menus because it makes them easy to create and kind of easy to change. For the screenshot below I did the following:

1. Formatted column B as Numeral System with 2 places (like Barry's suggestion)
  2. Populated it with the numbers (entered the first two then dragged down).
  3. Selected all the numbers and formatted them as pop-up menu. This turned them all into the pop up menu you see on the right.
  4. Copy/pasted one of them to C2 (which was originally formatted as Automatic) to try it out and make sure it kept the leading 0. You don't need to do this; you can copy/paste it to the places you need it.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2022 3:04 PM in response to smash09

I'm not sure what you ended up doing.

I often use a table to create pop-up menus because it makes them easy to create and kind of easy to change. For the screenshot below I did the following:

1. Formatted column B as Numeral System with 2 places (like Barry's suggestion)
  2. Populated it with the numbers (entered the first two then dragged down).
  3. Selected all the numbers and formatted them as pop-up menu. This turned them all into the pop up menu you see on the right.
  4. Copy/pasted one of them to C2 (which was originally formatted as Automatic) to try it out and make sure it kept the leading 0. You don't need to do this; you can copy/paste it to the places you need it.

Apple Number Pop-up Option stripping leading zeros

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.