You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i turned the Announce Notifications off, but it still announces them

recently, i've started getting notifications announced over my airpods (pro) and it's extremely annoying especially because i've already turned this off in settings. literally right after i got the airpods i made sure it was off (i've had these for almost a year now, my mom gave them to me when she got new ones so they're like two years old).

i literally turned off announce notifications, i turned it on and turned off the "when connected to headphones" thing and the specific one for messages, then turned it back off and it keeps doing it! it doesn't even announce them right and keeps calling my contacts by their area code.

i don't want to keep everyone on silent constantly (i like to check my phone often to see if anyone needs my help with things) but it's driving me insane constantly hearing the notifications while listening to music.

what do i do

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 7:10 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2022 12:17 PM in response to concerned_menace

Hi concerned_menace,

When Announce Notifications are on, Siri will announce incoming notifications from Messages or Reminders. While your AirPods are in use, Siri will read you an incoming iMessage and you'll have the option to reply. Is this what you're experiencing?

You will continue to hear notifications sounds from apps when Announce Notifications is turned off. If you'd like to leave feedback about this, you can do so here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple.

Take care.

i turned the Announce Notifications off, but it still announces them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.