You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t understand why my iPad didn’t update automatically

Why my iPad didn’t automatic update I didn’t understand what to do, I trying just to up date and I don’t know what I am doing wrong just to get my iPad to update.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 11:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 12:20 AM

The latest version for your iPad is iPadOS 15.7

To manually perform a software update, go to Settings > General > Software Update

To enable automatic updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates and enable ‘Download iPadOS Updates’ and ‘Install iPadOS Updates’. Note: automatic updates may take up to a couple of weeks to install, sometimes they may not be able to install and you will have to manually install.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 17, 2022 12:20 AM in response to Sister66

The latest version for your iPad is iPadOS 15.7

To manually perform a software update, go to Settings > General > Software Update

To enable automatic updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates and enable ‘Download iPadOS Updates’ and ‘Install iPadOS Updates’. Note: automatic updates may take up to a couple of weeks to install, sometimes they may not be able to install and you will have to manually install.

I don’t understand why my iPad didn’t update automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.