You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send photo messages to android

Is there a issues for anyone who tries to send photos to android phones ?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 9:06 AM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2022 3:43 PM in response to tee1104

Hello tee1104,

The steps taken to address an issue with sending messages on your device will depend on what's happening when you attempt to send them.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad has some specific steps that you may be able to try depending on what you're seeing.

If the scenarios in that link don't fit, or you still need help after completing steps, the "If you still need help" section of the link above has some information and steps that can address most issues with not being able to send messages.

"If you still need help

• Try to restart your iPhone or iPad.
  • Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
  • Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  • If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
  • Make sure that your device has enough space to receive images and videos.
  • Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact."

Regards.

Oct 20, 2022 11:45 AM in response to tee1104

Yes, I have also recently had this break. I cannot send pictures to Android users via MMS, and have spent a lot of time trying to get it resolved with no success.

For backstory, I just upgraded to iPhone 14 and iOS 16.0.3 from an older iPhone SE device, where everything was working fine for years. On upgrade, it broke.

When you call Apple, they run you through the usual "check all these settings", but never dig down further when it doesn't work. In fact, I just spent 1.5 hours at an Apple store today with a "Genius" who even went as far as replacing the phone "in case it's a hardware problem". It wasn't. At the end, the Genius, while supportive, had nothing further he could do. And, unlike an organization that is actually trying to fix problems, there was no bug report filed against iOS, or bug reference given to me.

The Genius's efforts rule out I mis-configured the phone so Apple will undoubtedly blame the carrier or Google/Android. But as stated earlier this all worked on the iOS I had on the old iPhone. So at this point the most likely culprit is iOS 16.0.x. I have 16.0.3, but have no way of knowing photo messaging to Android broke before this.

And it gets worse, in addition to the photo problem, I cannot respond to messages in group chats with a mix of IPhone and Android participants. Even 3 people in chat, with 1 android user, I can receive messages, but sent messages get the red "not delivered". I can text them individually, just not as the group. This also worked on the old phone, the same day I cut over to the new phone with iOS 16.0.3.

We can only hope that Apple finds and fixes this pronto. I've lost the ability to communicate with social groups, work groups, or send my family pictures. The rest of my family is on Android, and at this point I'm so frustrated I'm ready to join them.

Unable to send photo messages to android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.