You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Game Center App from my iPhone?

I thought Game Center was gone? Why is it that suddenly now (since 10/15/2022) that EVERY TIME I try to use one of my running apps Game Center comes up and blocks me? (This never happened before 10/15/2022 and I use my running apps a lot.)

I want to FULLY REMOVE Game Center from my phone so that this stops happening.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 8:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 8:43 AM

I did that, and I have no idea why all of a sudden this just started happening this weekend, while I was on a 20 mile training run for the marathon, with no way to deal with it mid run. I have been fighting with it since then, and it still keeps happening.

Here's an idea - if Game Center no longer exists - THEN GET RID OF ITS OUTDATED CODE!

That way you won't be able to re-enable everything I pointedly and repeatedly disable at random times without warning.

[Edited by Moderator]

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2022 8:43 AM in response to Phil0124

I did that, and I have no idea why all of a sudden this just started happening this weekend, while I was on a 20 mile training run for the marathon, with no way to deal with it mid run. I have been fighting with it since then, and it still keeps happening.

Here's an idea - if Game Center no longer exists - THEN GET RID OF ITS OUTDATED CODE!

That way you won't be able to re-enable everything I pointedly and repeatedly disable at random times without warning.

[Edited by Moderator]

Oct 18, 2022 8:47 AM in response to msrobotto

Game Center still exists. There is still functionality for Game Center that exists and works.

Only the actual App was removed.

1. This is a user to user forum. This is not Apple support, and we cannot get rid of anything.
  2. As I said, it should not impact non-game apps at all.

If you explain exactly what is actually happening in detail, then someone may be able to help you fix it.

Oct 18, 2022 8:34 AM in response to msrobotto

The Game Center App was removed, but general Game Center functionality was not. Game Center is still an option in the Settings app

Game Center should not block any apps, it should just show up in Game Center compatible games for a second and then go away.

You can go to Settings->Game Center and sign out if you don't want to use it. There is no way to remove the option however.

How to remove Game Center App from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.