You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening Apple Maps Defaults To Home, Not Current Location

Opening Apple Maps will show my home address and assume I am driving there. Instead, I would prefer to old way that opens to your current location so you can see what is around. It's only 2 steps to clear the directions and narrow in on your location but would prefer this to happen when I open the app

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 1:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 1:36 PM

Hi benfromshirley,

This can be expected behavior from iOS depending on your usage habits. iOS may attempt to anticipate your most likely commute and load it when opening maps.

If you'd like to see tweaks to how this works, we can recommend submitting feedback to Apple Support here:

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2022 1:36 PM in response to benfromshirley

Hi benfromshirley,

This can be expected behavior from iOS depending on your usage habits. iOS may attempt to anticipate your most likely commute and load it when opening maps.

If you'd like to see tweaks to how this works, we can recommend submitting feedback to Apple Support here:

Take care.

Opening Apple Maps Defaults To Home, Not Current Location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.