You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store purchases are not consistently labelled in Music - this corrupts playlist burns to CD

I have a number of albums which I 'completed' the purchase of after buying an individual track several years before. (I do this when I already own the album, really want a particular track on my phone, and then much later decide to just buy the whole album again because I don't have the tech to digitise my old LPs).

Case in point. One track on an album I purchased is listed as "Lossless Audio" with cloud status "Matched" whereas all the other tracks on the album are listed as "Purchased AAC audio file" with cloud status "uploaded". I bought all of the tracks from the iTunes store, so why the difference in the listings? The "Matched" track is the one I purchased first whereas the other tracks were purchased using the 'complete album' option several years after the initial purchase.

When I try to burn the album to a CD, the 'Matched" track is not burned. This is irritating as it is, not surprisingly, my favorite track from the album.

Is there a way to reset the Music database so that all of my purchased tracks appear with the correct "Purchased AAC audio file" listing?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 10:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 10:29 AM

Might be worth checking for hidden purchases. If you had inadvertently hidden the particular track before joining Apple Music or iTunes Match then your local copy would have been matched or uploaded rather than being recognized as a purchase.

You should normally be able to burn locally stored matched tracks to disc, but if what you have is a high resolution download from Apple Music then it makes sense that it won't burn. See About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support, turn off lossless downloads, remove the current download of the track, and redownload. The new copy should be 256k AAC format and should burn to disc.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2022 10:29 AM in response to Bradford Sherman

Might be worth checking for hidden purchases. If you had inadvertently hidden the particular track before joining Apple Music or iTunes Match then your local copy would have been matched or uploaded rather than being recognized as a purchase.

You should normally be able to burn locally stored matched tracks to disc, but if what you have is a high resolution download from Apple Music then it makes sense that it won't burn. See About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support, turn off lossless downloads, remove the current download of the track, and redownload. The new copy should be 256k AAC format and should burn to disc.

tt2

Oct 20, 2022 1:28 AM in response to Bradford Sherman

Hi,

It would appear that the original album was removed from iTunes Store. I have found that the tracks need to be matched with existing versions of the tracks. I have found that some tracks are matched and others uploaded. The uploaded tracks are usually the original purchased tracks but the others will be matched. With Apple Music subscription, your matched tracks may be available to play or download as hi-res, lossless or matched AAC. In your case, if you want to burn track to CD, you will need download AAC version.

Jim

iTunes store purchases are not consistently labelled in Music - this corrupts playlist burns to CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.