You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to send large attachments in email?

What's the best/easiest way to send emails with large attachments? I'm using Mac Mail 16.0 and gmail as my internet account which limits email size to 25mb. I have shared files through google drive and iCloud which is kind of awkward to do and files shared in iCloud seem to affect the way I can manage them on in my desktop apps, like when I share a folder of word documents, I cannot rename them unless I unshare the folder.

And what is this game center account? Can I delete it? I don't game.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 12:37 PM

9 replies

Oct 20, 2022 12:52 PM in response to Staynavytom

Staynavytom wrote:

What's the best/easiest way to send emails with large attachments? I'm using Mac Mail 16.0 and gmail as my internet account which limits email size to 25mb. I have shared files through google drive and iCloud which is kind of awkward to do and files shared in iCloud seem to affect the way I can manage them on in my desktop apps, like when I share a folder of word documents, I cannot rename them unless I unshare the folder.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/07a0993f-2d24-45c9-ac83-bd12e4fe9acb

You've already answered your own question. There is no way to send it via regular mail when it exceeds the size limit.

Oct 20, 2022 1:25 PM in response to Staynavytom

Staynavytom wrote:

Make sure the attached file is at least 25 MB. If it is smaller than that, create a ZIP file and add some large junk image or something to push the size past 25 MB. After 25 MB, Mail Drop will be triggered and the recipient will get a link to download the attachment.

Click the "-" button at the bottom.

How to send large attachments in email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.