You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my iPhone in water for 3 seconds

I dropped my phone in the toilet for like 3 seconds, is it bad?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 5:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 5:58 PM

Hello,

You should rinse your iPhone quickly under tap water to clean it off, but besides that you should be good! iPhone 12 mini is water resistant. Learn more here: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

From Apple:

1. If a liquid other than water splashes on your iPhone, rinse the affected area with tap water.
  2. Wipe your iPhone off with a soft, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.

Make sure that your iPhone is dry before opening the SIM tray.

To dry your iPhone, tap it gently against your hand with the Lightning connector facing down to remove excess liquid. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow. Placing your iPhone in front of a fan blowing cool air directly into the Lightning connector might help the drying process.

Don't dry your iPhone using an external heat source or insert a foreign object, such as a cotton swab or a paper towel, into the Lightning connector.

Your iPhone can warn you if there's liquid in the Lightning port when you connect a Lightning cable or an accessory to your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later. Learn what to do if you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone.

Thanks for reaching out!

-Drake

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2022 5:58 PM in response to alexxmontoya

Hello,

You should rinse your iPhone quickly under tap water to clean it off, but besides that you should be good! iPhone 12 mini is water resistant. Learn more here: About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

From Apple:

1. If a liquid other than water splashes on your iPhone, rinse the affected area with tap water.
  2. Wipe your iPhone off with a soft, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth.

Make sure that your iPhone is dry before opening the SIM tray.

To dry your iPhone, tap it gently against your hand with the Lightning connector facing down to remove excess liquid. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow. Placing your iPhone in front of a fan blowing cool air directly into the Lightning connector might help the drying process.

Don't dry your iPhone using an external heat source or insert a foreign object, such as a cotton swab or a paper towel, into the Lightning connector.

Your iPhone can warn you if there's liquid in the Lightning port when you connect a Lightning cable or an accessory to your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later. Learn what to do if you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone.

Thanks for reaching out!

-Drake

I dropped my iPhone in water for 3 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.