You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging in my apple ID to a new iPad but I do not have my old iPhone anymore and my trusted number is not usable.

I know my apple ID and the password of my apple ID, the problem is I don't have the old gadget that I am using years before and the trusted number cannot be activated anymore by my network provider. What should I do now??

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 8:39 AM

If you don't have a trusted device to receive a code, her account will need to go into Account Recovery as explained in the last section of the Related Article above.

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2022 8:39 AM in response to dxtrdc

If you don't have a trusted device to receive a code, her account will need to go into Account Recovery as explained in the last section of the Related Article above.

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

Oct 23, 2022 8:29 AM in response to Eric Root

Yes, the main problem is the old gadget which is an iPhone X was lost togeter with the sim card. I went to Globe (the telecom here in the Philippines) but they could not reactivate the number because it is a prepaid sim and more than a year of not in use. I bought an iPad for my daughter, so it was my daughter's apple ID I am putting in. How can I use the same apple ID with that iPad now? We do not want to change apple ID since she also has game and app she bought through that apple ID.

Oct 23, 2022 8:58 AM in response to Eric Root

Oh, so I really have to go through account recovery because I tried this one:

"Reset your Apple ID password with the Apple Support app on a borrowed device"

But still they will send verification to the trusted number which is also the lost number.

Think I will just try all those suggestions first and see what will happen.

Your answer is a big help. Thank you very much Eric!

Logging in my apple ID to a new iPad but I do not have my old iPhone anymore and my trusted number is not usable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.