You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 3 Apple Watch

i have a series 3 apple watch that I can not pair with phone and keeps getting stuck in the preparing stage. I have not used this watch in 2 years.

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 3:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 3:38 PM

Try and force restart the watch and see if it will pair then

The watch is not paired to another iPhone yes?

You should force-restart your Apple Watch as a last resort and only if it's not responding.

Don't force-restart your Apple Watch if you're updating watchOS. When you see the Apple logo and progress wheel, leave your watch alone and on its charger until the update has finished.

To force-restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and the Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2022 3:38 PM in response to Christineb99

Try and force restart the watch and see if it will pair then

The watch is not paired to another iPhone yes?

You should force-restart your Apple Watch as a last resort and only if it's not responding.

Don't force-restart your Apple Watch if you're updating watchOS. When you see the Apple logo and progress wheel, leave your watch alone and on its charger until the update has finished.

To force-restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and the Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Series 3 Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.