You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no option to “Enable Messages in iCloud” on my Mac; why is that and how do I fix it?

I have no option to “enable messages in iCloud “one of my Mac. I’m currently running Mac OS Ventura. Why do I not have the option to enable messages in iCloud and how do I fix it?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 10:39 PM

NateVick Said:

"I did that ad well and messages.app is check"

-------

A Few Other Thoughts:

A. iCloud Messages on iPhone: Set Up Messages On iPhone - Apple Support

B. iCloud Messages in Full: Set Up iCloud for Messages On All your Devices - Apple Support

C. Un-Restrict Messages: Manage Information Sharing with Safety Check On iPhone - Apple Support

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2022 10:39 PM in response to NateVick

NateVick Said:

"I did that ad well and messages.app is check"

-------

A Few Other Thoughts:

A. iCloud Messages on iPhone: Set Up Messages On iPhone - Apple Support

B. iCloud Messages in Full: Set Up iCloud for Messages On All your Devices - Apple Support

C. Un-Restrict Messages: Manage Information Sharing with Safety Check On iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 24, 2022 9:54 PM in response to NateVick

NateVick Said:

"Right, I get that; but that check box options isn’t even an option on my screen. It doesn’t exist when I log into messages on my Mac."

-------

Does this work...

Enable Messages in iCloud on the Mac:

1. Open: Messages
  2. Go to: Messages menu (top of screen)
  3. Select: Preferences...
  4. Select: @ iMessage (middle tab)
  5. Check: Enable Messages in iCloud

Oct 24, 2022 10:15 PM in response to NateVick

NateVick Said:

"It’s a brand new Mac with Ventura. My screen looks identical, except with the option “enable messages in iCloud.” It’s the same Apple ID on both devices as well."

-------

Is Messages.app enabled in iCloud settings?

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Select: Apple ID (on top-right of window)
  3. Click: iCloud (on left pane)
  4. Check: iCloud Drive
  5. Click: Options... button
  6. Check: Messages

I have no option to “Enable Messages in iCloud” on my Mac; why is that and how do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.