You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to send messages to a group but want replies only to me...

Occasionally, I have a group of about 50 people that I need to send messages to. The problem is when people reply & they go to EVERYONE in the group. I've read posts where I can turn off options in my phone, but there are other situations when I need group texts to go back & foreth to everyone in other groups. I figured there was probably an app for that, but didn't want to test out a bunch of them in the process or pay a yearly subscription for something I use maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

Any suggestions?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 10:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 10:31 AM

texan767 wrote:

Occasionally, I have a group of about 50 people that I need to send messages to. The problem is when people reply & they go to EVERYONE in the group. I've read posts where I can turn off options in my phone, but there are other situations when I need group texts to go back & foreth to everyone in other groups. I figured there was probably an app for that, but didn't want to test out a bunch of them in the process or pay a yearly subscription for something I use maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
Any suggestions?

There is no option to do that, otherwise it wouldn't be a group text. If you want individual replies, then send out induvial text.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2022 10:31 AM in response to texan767

texan767 wrote:

Any suggestions?

There is no option to do that, otherwise it wouldn't be a group text. If you want individual replies, then send out induvial text.

Need to send messages to a group but want replies only to me...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.